… also known as “LEt’s GO, don’t MIND the STORMS” 🙂
This year, 15-26 August, BEST Copenhagen organized a summer course on robotics for international students, with the help of DTU Elektro. The course had 10 days of academic study, group work, social activities and sightseeing around Copenhagen.
The summer course can be summarized in the following points:
– 10 days of course focused on robotics, with lectures from professors in DTU Elekro and practical group work on LEGO Mindstorms sets.
– 22 participants from more than 10 different nationalities, selected from 337 applicants from top European technical universities.
– Three company visits: Volvo and Kuka (in Gothenburg) and Danish Technological Institute (in Odense).
– Trip to Legoland, as it was connected with the theme of the course and is one of the important attractions in Denmark.
– Sightseeing around Copenhagen (a canal tour, followed by a funny city rally).
– An afternoon of canoeing on Lyngby Lake.
– Traditional Danish Christmas Lunch, to show a part of the Danish culture and traditions.
– International Evening, where the participants presented traditional food, drinks and songs from their countries.
– A spontaneous jam session in Nyhavn.
– And many, many great moments together singing, playing silly games and having fun together 🙂
Or, if you want a shorter version, the course could be described in just one word: “awesome” 🙂
*BEST Copenhagen would like to thank professors Ole Ravn, Nils A. Andersen and Jens Christian Andersen from DTU Elektro and all supporters of this event: Technical University of Denmark, Danish Technological Institute, KUKA, Volvo and Red Bull.