What: 24h Hackathon with an open topic.
When: April 21st-22nd 2018
Where: DTU Skylab, Diplomvej, building 373A, 2800 Kgs. Lyngby (Maps)
What do I get: Free food and drinks, cool t-shirt, software and swag from MLH
What to bring: Your Laptop/PC and Motivation 🙂
ValHacks is a student-run 24-h hackathon, powered by BEST Copenhagen. We are an international student organization with the mission to empower students by providing them with complementary education, activities and international exchange. ValHacks is organized by the members of BEST Copenhagen present at the Technical University of Denmark (DTU) and aims to bring Universities, Students and Companies closer together in a relaxed and creative atmosphere with a lot of food, drinks, software, swag, and of course, an event T-shirt.
Flow of ValHacks
The concept of the event is a 24h hackathon in an innovative environment where students from DTU and surrounding universities can have a lot of fun, sharing, learning and networking while they develop on any topic they want.
- You arrive at Skylab around 10:00 on Saturday.:
- When registered you will obtain a Welcome pack with:
- Free software, domains, AWS credit and other goodies from MLH
- Nametag and t-shirt of the event.
- An Opening set of presentations will take place where:
- We introduce you to the location and dynamics of the Hackathon.
- Stakeholders present themselves.
- Sponsoring companies can present specific tasks that you can choose to work on.
- Team-formation time: Teams must contain 3-5 members, if you don’t have a team yet, do not worry; there will be time for you to get to know each other and form teams.
- You and your team will develop on a self chosen topic for around 24 hours.
- We provide you with food and drinks throughout the entire event.
- There are Fat Boy couches if you would like to take some power naps.
- Sponsoring companies might provide specific topics to work on and offer prizes to those teams that work on them.
- You present the outcome of your work.
- These will be a 3-5 min presentation where you can pitch your idea and present a small demo.
- The Jury will deliberate for a few minutes.
- Prizes will be given to different categories.
- There is a set of Closing presentations and you go home happily and sleep!
We are very happy that DTU Skylab is the Host of ValHacks 2018. Skylab facilities will provide you with everything you need:
- Group working spaces.
- Kitchen with coffee machines, fridges and a microwave.
- Big auditorium for presentations
- Good Internet connection.